Water and why we need it
- Water! It is vital to our health and well being and many of us don’t drink enough. You get about 20 per cent of the water you need from your food. The rest comes through what you drink and water itself is the BEST drink.
In the first week of the Dellafit 8 week “best body ever challenge” we are all aiming to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
Benefits of drinking water:
✅water carries oxygen to our cells – and we need oxygen
✅water carries nutrients to our cells – also important
✅water cushions and lubricates our joints
✅water helps to flush out toxins
✅water regulates your body temperature
✅water maximises physical performance
✅water aids your digestion
✅water helps you stay alert and focussed
✅water is a natural appetite suppressant and with most of us eating too much food it can help
✅water helps skin stay hydrated which looks better!
✅drinking water can boost your metabolic rate
✅water can help prevent constipation, hypertension and because it helps you absorb nutrients from your food it will help you stay healthy.
Some of the suggestions we gathered for people who “don’t like” water are:
- add some mint to an ice cube tray and freeze ice to add to water before drinking
- add cut up lemon, lime or orange to the water in a jug
- add a couple of twigs of fresh rosemary – blanch or crush it first
- use an infusion – many flavours available now.
Fill up a jug or a drink bottle so that you can be conscious of how much you are having throughout the day. Drinking water is something easy and free that you can do to improve the way you feel right now.