How important is exercise to you?
I am passionate about trying to spread the bug…the exercise bug. One of my clients recently confessed that she had it and how she felt funny when she skipped a session. Now she has got the bug training has become something that she places a very high value on. This means that she:
- makes time for it (by scheduling it in the same way as she would an important meeting);
- moves heaven and earth to get to a training session (even if it means bringing a child along with her);
- turns up even when its cold and rainy;
- plans her week around it;
- goes to bed early because she has to get up and train.
For so many of us once we settle into life with partners, kids, pets, jobs, a home and busy schedules exercise is something that is relegated to the “IF I HAVE TIME” category of activity. And surprise, surprise we never have time.
I want to remind you that
- the benefits of exercise are well recognised and go way beyond your desire to lose 3 kgs (mental health, heart and lungs health, joints and mobility, energy levels, staying “young”, muscle maintenance and growth, use it or lose it, lessen the risk of many diseases); and
- the impact it will have on the rest of your life – the flow on effect – is huge.
It is simply not something you can really afford to place on the backburner. So if you do not yet have the bug – fake it until you make it – try making exercise something you do on a REGULAR and CONSISTENT basis and it won’t be long for it to become something you value highly.
How to get through the Christmas period without the “guilt”, the worry and the extra kilos and still enjoy yourself
We have all been through the Christmas season enough times to know how things...