Boxing times 2
Boxing has really packed a punch at Dellafit. It has been a big hit. It has knocked everyone out of the park with how popular it is.
By popular demand boxing will be TWICE A WEEK from term 2. Every Tuesday and Friday at 6.45am. So if you love boxing you will have 2 exciting mornings a week to look forward to.
What do we love about boxing?
- Boxing uses the anaerobic system (70 to 80%) and the aerobic system (20 to 30 %). What does that mean? It means that you get the benefits of both in the one workout. Aerobic exercise is really good for building up your endurance – similar to going on a jog or a bike ride. Anaerobic exercise will promote maintenance of muscle mass and also fat burning (think weight lifting, sprinting and jumping). Boxing means you have some high intensity work and some lower intensity, more endurance building work in the one session.
- Boxing will see you USING your muscles which means that combined with the right nutrition you will see some serious results – muscles will become more visible which means “tone” rather than wobbles.
- You will actually get stronger. You reap the benefits of being strong every day in everything you do. Boxing will deliver both muscular endurance (the ability to do something again and again) and power.
- You are not only using your upper body when you do a boxing workout. There is ducking and weaving, squatting and lunging in every workout, as well as some core work. Get ready to use your whole body.
- Boxing will leave you feeling mentally refreshed. Think how good it feels to punch it out. This will translate into a more chilled person who sleeps better and feels good about life.
We all have limited time to train. So why not choose a form of training that you actually enjoy and look forward to – as well as a way to use your whole body getting stronger and fitter in a short space of time.
Our wonderful coach Ciara Daly will be there to make sure that you have the correct form which is important to avoid injury.